This isn't a main dish - more of a side dish- but I didn't know where else to put it. So here it is :) If you like sweet potatoes, I think you'll really like this. So easy and so yummy! And I kinda made it up (not the idea, but I just did this on my own yesterday), so this recipe isn't going to sound very official.
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-2in cubes
Some carrots (I used baby carrots that I had, so I don't really know how many...but umm..probably like 2 big carrots), peeled and cut close in size to the potatoes
Extra virgin olive oil (the extra virgin has a light, less oily taste. And it just so happens to be good for you!)
Salt
Pepper
After you cut up the veggies, put them in a casserole dish and drizzle them with the olive oil and stir until all the veggies have a light coating. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I also like to add other spices - I've used Greek seasoning before; yesterday I used Cumin; if you wanted a more traditional sweet potato taste you could use cinnamon. Just sprinkle as much on as you want!
Then cover the pan with foil and bake at 300 for about 2 hours. Just check them with a fork every so often because it'll depend on your oven how fast they get done. I also had to turn my oven up to more like 375 to get them done the last 30 mins because I was hungry! :) They also make your house smell great while they're cooking! Enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment